Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Perfect Meal.

Pasta a la me...

Bring a pot of heavily salted water to boil (more salt than you might think, a good and trustworthy cook once told me that its pretty hard to over salt pasta water). Add a fistful of pasta and when done to taste, toss straight from the pot to a large mixing bowl, skipping the strainer. Add a large dollop of butter, a handful or two or whatever cheese you like and a shit ton of fresh ground pepper. Gently toss until the butter has melted and the pepper wafts. Enjoy with an ale whilst watching basketball.

This is one of the most perfect meals for me, truly more than the sum of its parts. A perfect meal for me doesn't necessarily have to do with the food itself though, nor the setting. However, it must be exactly what I want in that moment, made for and by myself (or by people I know and trust). It's as simply put as it is to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment